We specialise in various conditions, but are most well known for our expertise in managing gastrointestinal symptoms. We are now providing expert dietitian services at ten sites throughout Melbourne and via telephone or Skype.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
IBS is the most common gastrointestinal condition, affecting 15-20% of the population with symptoms including abdominal pain/discomfort, wind, bloating, distension and altered bowel habits.... Find out more
- Coeliac disease
Coeliac disease results due to an inflammatory response to dietary gluten....Find out more
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
The two most common IBD subtypes are Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis. The severity of disease varies and dietary modification may be required... Find out more
- Non-coeliac gluten intolerance
Some individuals experiencing gastrointestinal symptoms may find a gluten free diet relieves their discomfort despite coeliac disease being ruled out
- Type I Diabetes Mellitus
- Type II Diabetes Mellitus
- Cardiovascular risk reduction
- Weight management
- Food chemical sensitivities triggering eczema, rhinitis, asthma, ADHD, migraines and more
We create evidence-based dietary strategies and are experts in;
- Low FODMAP diet
FODMAPs are dietary short-chain carbohydrates. They are poorly absorbed in the small intestine... Find out more
- Fructose malabsorption
Fructose is a monosaccharide (single sugar) that occurs naturally in foods,... Find out more
- Sorbitol malabsorption
- Lactose intolerance
- Gluten free diet
Gluten is the known trigger for intestinal damage and associated symptoms in coeliac disease... Find out more
- Elimination diet
Natural food chemicals and additives can induce symptoms including headaches, urticaria, eczema, hay fever, rhinitis and gastrointestinal upset. In order to identify ...Find out more
- Managing high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Diabetes management, including insulin pump therapy
- Weight management strategies
- I live in rural Western Australia. How often would I need to see a dietitian to manage my gastrointestinal condition?
In most cases two appointments are required. These can be arranged via telephone or Skype.
- My breath tests for fructose and lactose malabsorption were negative. Is there anything that can be offered from a dietary point of view?
Absolutely! Breath tests are useful to assess your ability to absorb fructose and lactose, but there are several other types of dietary components that are often triggers that are not breath tested....
- Is a dietitian consultation claimable on health insurance or through Medicare?
Yes. Most private health insurance companies reimburse a proportion of the consultation fee under Extras cover, however you will need to check your level of cover to confirm this....
- I have been diagnosed with fructose malabsorption and the advice on the internet is so confusing. What can I eat?
The diet for fructose malabsorption is still being researched and for that reason the food lists have changed over the years. Some of our dietitians are involved directly in that research....
Make an Appointment
Contact us today to make an appointment with one of our specialist dietitians to discuss your diet requirements. We also offer a a telephone consultation service.
Click here to read about research investigating fructose malabsorption and the low FODMAP diet including summaries of the latest findings, updates to food lists, recipes and more.